archive

May 25, 2010

Jacques' answer to Shannon critique

First I want to thank Shannon for her kind comments.


For more explanations about my choice of a sailing ship:


A local artist friend of my parents had given them a colored "eau forte" (etching) of such a ship and I remember seeing that ship, full sails deployed, on the wall of our living room during my chilhood. Also being from a much older generation, my youthful adventure books were not about space, but old things as pirates such as "Surcouf" doing their trade in the Atlantic. There were also these exciting movies with Errol Flynn.


Being in land-lock Paris my acquaintance with the sea began in later years during summer vacations in Brittany. It is there that I took some sailing lessons.


Shannon is right besides my love of sailing and the sea, I am also very interested in history and exploration.


I wish I had done my ship entry in color.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Cat Village is a sovereign state irreverent to the rules of Modernism. Earn our respect with effort and responsibility.